The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing all necessary resources through design, regulatory permitting, construction, and final project closeout of assigned development projects. Responsibilities will range from coordination with Planning & Design consultants, to coordination with internal development team including Construction Manager and Contract Manager through all aspects of project development and closeout. The Project Manager is held accountable for completing projects on time, within established budgets and is responsible for ensuring quality control and development standards are met in accordance with company goals and objectives. Other responsibilities will include managing budgets, cash flow, permitting, bid evaluation, construction coordination and field assistance and scheduling. The position will require frequent travel from the corporate office in Scottsdale to Verrado in Buckeye. The position will report directly to the VP of Development and will work closely with the Construction Manager, Contract Manager and Project Coordinator, as necessary.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management and leadership to the consultant design team to ensure project designs of all subdivision, infrastructure and amenities are proceeding in accordance with the concept plan and business plan objectives.
- Coordination with utility companies on designs and line extension contracts as necessary for water and sewer infrastructure, electric, phone, cable, and gas facilities.
- Review construction drawings for completeness and consistency with design objectives and provide value engineering recommendations as may be necessary to maintain budget.
- Evaluate design alternatives on engineering and architectural concepts.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies as necessary to maintain priority of project reviews and permitting.
- Coordination with Construction Manager, Contract Manager and Project Coordinator through all stages of development.
- Assist Construction Manager and Contract Manager with bid preparation, bid evaluation and award.
- Assist Construction Manager with field supervision of projects to ensure construction is being executed in accordance with approved plans and specifications.
- Respond to requests for information (RFI’s) from the Construction Manager or General Contractors and ensure necessary design changes or field directives are provided.
- Maintain established budgets and schedules and provide regular updates, as necessary.
- Ensure projects are closed out upon completion with final acceptance of improvements and turnover to the Association of all Association-maintained common areas.
- Assist Construction Manager by responding to builder concerns and (or) field related issues.
- A 4-year degree in civil engineering or construction management is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in all aspects of horizontal land development and construction, including, but not limited to extensive technical expertise in engineering, cost estimating, scheduling, and project management.
- Working knowledge of financial proformas and land development’s role in effecting proforma results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Project applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a team of highly skilled and technically trained consultants and contractors.
- Ability to think critically and resolve conflict effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and take direction from indirect reports.
- Ability to establish relationships and communicate effectively with governmental agencies in a manner that positively represents DMB interests and core values.
Work Environment (physical demands):
- This position requires frequent driving between Corporate Office (Scottsdale) and Verrado (Buckeye) as necessary
- Sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time
- Being on your feet in the field for long periods of time
To apply for this position please email a copy of your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org