The Director of Acquisitions is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and underwriting real estate investment and development opportunities. The focus of the incumbent will be on new opportunity due diligence, deal structuring and transaction execution, from pursuit to closing.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the underwriting and due diligence process associated with investment and development opportunities.
- Responsible for financial modeling to provide fundamental quantitative and qualitative analysis via scenarios and sensitivity analysis.
- Responsible for acquisition due diligence including project feasibility, market studies, valuation, risk management and partnership structuring.
- Work with leadership to participate in investment, operations, and asset management decisions with the goal of optimizing risk adjusted returns.
- Generate, communicate, and execute comprehensive business plans to present to senior executives and board of directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in economics, accounting, and computer programming.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years relevant experience required.
- Extensive working knowledge and advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Financial modeling and real estate underwriting experience.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines. Ability to understand complicated financial transactions.
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively.
- Ability to interact effectively inside and outside the organization.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills particularly in presenting research findings.
- Analytical skills are important as this position will deal with mathematical models, statistics, and data to reach conclusions. Ability to research and gather relevant data independently and effectively.
To apply for this position email a copy of your resume along with a cover letter to Tere Camarena at firstname.lastname@example.org