January 23, 2012 – Finalists Named for Arizona’s Cox Conserves Heroes Program, Public Asked to Vote
Program to donate $15,000 to local environmental nonprofits
Cox Communications, in partnership with The Trust for Public Land (TPL), today announced finalists for Arizona’s Cox Conserves Heroes program. A total of $15,000 will be donated to local environmental nonprofits on behalf of the finalists.
By being a finalist, each individual has secured a $2,500 donation for his or her nonprofit of choice. The finalists are now competing for an additional $7,500 – bringing the total donation on behalf of the winner to $10,000. The winner will be chosen through an online public vote. The public is being asked to vote now through February 13.
To vote, visit Cox7.com/coxconserves.
Arizona’s Cox Conserves Heroes finalists (environmental nonprofit of choice):
• Jane Rau (McDowell Sonoran Conservancy)
• Maxine Lakin (Phoenix Mountains Preservation)
• Melinda Gulick (McDowell Sonoran Conservancy)
Arizona’s Cox Conserves Hero will be announced in late February. The finalists were nominated by the public and then selected by a judging circle, including:
• Chair of Arizona’s House Energy, Natural Resources and Environment Committee Amanda Reeve
• Mesa City Councilman Dave Richins
• The Nature Conservancy’s Cheryl Lombard
• The Trust for Public Land’s Chris Byrne
• Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, Legislative Director and Avondale City Councilman Jim Buster
For more information, visit CoxConservesHeroes.com or find us on Facebook.
Social Media: #CoxConservesHeroes and #CoxConservesHero
Andrea Katsenes, Cox Communications, 623-328-3272, Andrea.Katsenes@cox.com
Elizabeth Olmstead, Cox Enterprises, 678-645-0762, email@example.com
Kristen Anderson, The Trust for Public Land, 415-495-4014, firstname.lastname@example.org