The Construction Superintendent reports directly to the Construction Manager ensuring construction of all contracted subdivision, infrastructure, and amenity improvements (including parks and landscape) are implemented in accordance with the approved plans and design specifications and proceeding in accordance with contract schedules. In addition, the Construction Superintendent will be responsible for monitoring Builder activity and responding to Builder related issues in the field. The Construction Superintendent monitors and tracks behavior and performance of all Contractors and Builders on behalf of the Construction Manager to ensure quality construction, performance and safety is consistently maintained. The Construction Superintendent will also help facilitate and manage timely receipt of all required permits including dust control, SWPPP and all building permits for the Contractors working on site.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Monitors all construction activity onsite to ensure construction projects by Developer’s contractors are proceeding in accordance with approved plans, specifications, and schedule.
- Monitors all builder activity and serves as the point of contact for builder related issues in the field.
- Responsible for maintaining site safety and security.
- Ensures all developer-contracted subdivision improvements, infrastructure and amenities are inspected upon completion and conveyed to the City and (or) Community Association as necessary to document final completion and turnover to the appropriate entity.
- A 4-year degree in construction management is preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in construction supervision/management
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret construction documents, including detailed specifications and operation and maintenance manuals.
- Excellent, effective, and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and (or) verbal instructions.
- Ability to think critically and resolve unique and complicated problems involving multiple variables.
- Ability to respond quickly and professionally to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Computer skills to include a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database, and contract management.
Work Environment (physical demands):
- Requires full time presence on-site at our Verrado Community located in Buckeye, with occasional travel to the corporate office (Scottsdale) as necessary.
- Requires being on your feet and in the field daily for long periods of time.
- Requires working long hours as may be necessary.
To apply for this position please email a copy of your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.