This fulltime benefitted position reports directly to the Executive Director and serves two purposes: 1) Human Resources related services and 2) executive-level support to the Executive Director.
This person works with a third-party Professional Employment Agency “PEO” and is involved with the following: recruitment and staffing, performance management and improvement systems, employment and compliance with regulatory concerns, employee orientation and on-boarding, development of training materials, policy development and documentation, employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, employee safety, wellness and health, and employee services and counseling.
Additionally, this position provides high-level administrative assistance in support of the Executive Director and as a task specialist by utilizing processes and resources in a manner that is efficient, effective, and contributes to the overall success of the Executive Director’s efforts.
In Human Resources:
- Serves as the Human Resources/Personnel Coordinator for DC Ranch Association.
- Duties include addressing grievance procedures, disciplinary matter recommendations, policy and procedure development and implementation of same, open enrollment assistance, benefits administration, payroll processing, position posting and screening of all candidates, maintaining the employee handbook, and employee personnel records.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters protecting the privacy and confidentiality of all employees and individuals served is required.
- Coordinates annual CPR/AED training for staff and First Aid training for appropriate field staff.
- Responds to and provides direct employee relations services to management and staff regarding employment policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and “PEO,” coordinates staff disciplinary actions up to and including employment discharges.
- Monitors and administers the annual employee performance review process.
- Communicates regularly with Executive Director to provide status updates on significant Human Resources matters.
- Oversees Unemployment Compensation and coordinates responses to claims with “PEO.”
- Oversees Workers’ Compensation programs, monitors claims and receives and responds to reports. Coordinates information between providers and staff members, as well as claim administrators.
- Develops and advises department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits as needed.
- Participates in and organizes various staff “Safety Meetings” and other team-building activities, which serve to maintain/boost employee morale.
- Develops Human Resource Department budget.
- Requires strong computer and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of staff, board members and outside clients.
- Manages a filing system that includes, but is not limited to, board and committee minutes, governing documents, and contracts.
- Maintains board rosters, organizational charts and applicable directories.
- Board meeting set up, tear down and minute taking.
- Processes insurance claims and serves as the point of contact with the insurance broker and carrier.
- Maintains the Executive Director’s calendar.
- Reconciles Executive Director’s credit card expenditures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
At least three years human resources experience. A four-year degree is preferred, but not essential if candidate has equivalent experience. An active SHRM certification is a plus. Strong organizational skills, communication skills and customer service skills required. Must be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and flexible.
To apply, applicants should send their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: DCRCCjobs@dcranchinc.com